Organizers of the Treaty People Gathering – A time to protest Enbridge Line 3 in Minnesota
The Organizers of the Treaty People Gathering came together on June 5-8 in northern Minnesota to act against Enbridge Line 3, a so-called replacement line, that will cross 22 sacred bodies of water of the Anishinaabe treaty lands and the Mississippi Headwaters to carry heavy and extremely toxic tar sands from Canada to the Great Lakes for shipping. Rev. Kelli Clement was joined by SCUUFers Gary Noren, Marty Harding, Nanette Del Monaco and Wanda Brown, along with hundreds of activists protesting Line 3.
Rev. Kelli has provided several links to help us learn more about the efforts to stop Enbridge Line 3. Check out these websites; they are rich with information, embedded videos, calls to action and opportunities to donate. Follow the links and explore the voices of Indigenous People who are leading this fight.
- https://www.stopline3.org/ Stop Line 3, good intro to the issue.
- https://www.mnopedia.org/event/treaty-washington-1855 – Learn about the 1855 Treaty; the proposed Line 3 violates this treaty.
- https://welcomewaterprotectors.com/thegreatriver– If you’re planning a trip to Northern MN, include a stop at the Water Protectors Welcome Center in Palisade.
- https://www.mnipl.org/take-action/pipelines/– MN Interfaith Power and Light
- https://mn350.org/campaigns/stop-line-3-pipeline/– MN350
- https://www.uumfe.org/– UU Ministry for the Earth
June 23-27, 2021
UUA General Assembly (virtual)
General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Participants worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone may attend; congregations must certify annually to have voting delegates
Circle ‘Round for Justice ● Healing ● Courage is the theme for General Assembly 2021. GA is a time to circle ‘round in community. We circle ‘round in care and healing; for liberation and justice; and for love and courage.
Registration is $200 per person. Financial support for registration as well as a payment plan are available. General Assembly registrants receive access to the 2021 Online Participation Portal, including live, simulive, and on-demand video content, the virtual exhibit hall, chat features, support, and a (new!) GA mobile app.
Go to the UUA webpage General Assembly: The Unitarian Universalist Association’s Annual Meeting | UUA.org for more information.